Codebase.com (Fluent Code India PVT LTD) currently has a team more than of 40+ phenomenal developers serving US clients. We started in the spring of 2018, and have been growing aggressively.
We are located in Pune, Baner & Magarpatta, and serve US companies focusing heavily on enterprise SaaS, eCommerce, and mobile applications.
Some of the core technologies that we support include Python, Node.js, React, Angular, and many more. We pride ourselves on using the latest technologies.
As a QA Automation Engineer on this team, you will be responsible for automation strategy across teams, improving code testability, working with and mentoring Software and other QA Engineers on increasing and maintaining test automation. Along with Product and Software Developers, you will be a subject matter expert on the products, services, and systems we test and build.
In this role, will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance. You will also be required to identify bugs, install databases, and collaborate with the software design team.
To ensure success as a QA Automation Engineer, you should have advanced programming skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent project management skills. A skilled QA Automation Engineer can design and write efficient test procedures for every software application.
- Use the testing frameworks to provide the coverage for functional and non-functional tests for code delivered by the team.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Work closely with the Development and Product Management teams to define, create, and execute automated quality assurance testing for a microservice architecture that handles both fine-grained metadata and big-data processing pipelines
- Create automated QA progress/status reports and facilitate internal and external quality review meetings
- Analyze system features and functionality and determining the best approach and techniques to test (stress/load, data integrity, security, automation)
- Be a progressive thinker to optimize QA efforts and expedite the required testing process
- Understand business requirements, prepare test estimates and test plans, conduct test execution, and prepare results
- Work with the scrum team and all other product stakeholders on ensuring features are released on time with quality
Identify risks and work with development owners to ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
- 3+ years experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, regression testing, and designing test architecture
- Should be aware of the QA process as per ISTQB standards is an advantage
- Experience with Selenium Web driver, test framework development, and web application testing
- Web application testing associated with HTTP, REST, and JSON
- Basic knowledge of micro-services
- Have knowledge of CI/CD automation strategy and understand the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to drive quality across the SDLC, including reviewing Production code, assisting with Design for testability, and using data to drive decisions about impact and rate of investment of test code
- Experience with working in an Agile environment and CI/CD driven testing culture
- Experience in testing APIs and database levels of a product or application
- Experience with Jmeter or other load testing tools
- Experience with Atlassian products like Jira
- Infrastructure knowledge especially in AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, having a passion for learning