Codebase.com (Fluent Code India PVT LTD) currently has a team more than of 40+ phenomenal developers serving US clients. We started in the spring of 2018, and have been growing aggressively.
We are located in Pune, Baner & Magarpatta, and serve US companies focusing heavily on enterprise SaaS, eCommerce, and mobile applications.
Some of the core technologies that we support include Python, Node.js, React, Angular, and many more. We pride ourselves on using the latest technologies.
The HR Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the Human Resources function, including but not limited to talent management and organization development while also playing a leading role alongside the leadership team to ensure all aspects of diversity, inclusion, and equity are embedded throughout the organization. It is the responsibility of the HR Manager to ensure our employees have the support they need to live up to Codebase’s core values.
This Role Will
- Be responsible for leading organization-wide strategic talent and culture.
- Oversee organization-wide HR operations with the support of the Chief Executive Officer and Board, including clear and transparent processes to support staff during times of growth.
- Work closely with the CEO, President, and other senior leaders and managers to ensure Codebase is maintaining its commitment to diversity in its programs.
- Create and implement a vision for inclusive communications, staff engagement, and recognition in an increasingly decentralized and virtual organization.
- Build and cultivate a pipeline of the best and most diverse talent available, ensuring operational best practice and positioning Codebase as an employer of choice through awareness of practices and trends.
- Play a lead role in structuring and supporting staff, partnering with legal and others as necessary, to ensure the workforce and culture are responsive to the organization’s needs, strategy, risk management approach, and budget.
- Ensure appropriate accountability and a high performing team by working with managers to ensure ever-improving accountability structures. Work together with managers on establishment or revision of annual goals, tracking of performance, ongoing coaching and feedback for employees, active approaches for disengaging with poor performers, and other modern best practices associated with managing performance to achieve a high performing organization.
- Create and implement a comprehensive long-term vision for team member development, including both guidance (for managers) and implementation tools, to enable ongoing learning & development and ensure staff is engaged, productive, and prepared for future growth.
Success in this role will be measured on both a long-term and short-term basis, and will include metrics in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: effective leadership of a sustainable best-practice HR team, strategy and practice; maintaining stable retention levels; building a strong talent development pipeline; increasing staff and manager accountability for performance; setting accountability and strategy around diversity-inclusion, and maintaining a high level of staff engagement.
Essential Job Functions
20% – Strategic and Operational Human Resources Leadership
- Act as the senior leader representing the HR function, with leadership responsibilities for all aspects of human resources management as well as an important thought and active partner with all of Codebase’s senior management.
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel to senior leadership regarding any issues in which human resources will be impacted (strategic and operational planning, retention strategies, diversity, inclusion, and equity, etc.)
- Lead and participate in organizational change initiatives and supporting processes, to ensure the most effective organizational structure and relevant job design.
35% – Organizational Development and Talent
- Create and maintain relevant job descriptions and organizational charts.
- Act as a steward for the organizational culture, ensuring organizational policies, procedures and behaviors live up to the cultural goals and values. Lead ongoing activities to enhance understanding and application of these values.
- Act as a trusted advisor to both employees and leadership concerning broader culture or other systemic issues.
- Work with Codebase’s Marketing and Communications team and senior leadership regarding change management and communication processes for major organizational or line of business/organizational evolutions or changes.
- Make recommendations and execute on programs or processes assisting in shaping the health of the organization (i.e., team-building activities, events, employee engagement surveys, etc.).
- Maintain a pulse on the organization to anticipate, detect, and manage employee complaints, disputes, and grievances.
- Foster a conducive working environment through employee relations activities and proactive communication and coaching.
- Be responsible for workforce planning in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and the Board in support of organizational goals and growth plans.
- Develop and oversee the selection process for all hiring, including recruiting for selected positions.
- Ensure management and execution of new hire onboarding and orientation programs.
- Own succession planning processes to ensure the development and retention of high potential employees, as well as to manage the risk for key positions in the organization.
- Manage the exit process, including exit interviews and outplacement support.
30% – Performance Management, Training & Development
- Manage the performance management philosophy and approach ensuring resources are being managed and utilized accordingly and timely and appropriate feedback is provided.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate performance management system(s) in support of organizational processes.
- Oversee goal setting and performance review processes, providing appropriate coaching to managers and employees on an on-going basis.
- Develop and manage Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), as needed, to assist in the management of underperforming team members.
- Ensure alignment between compensation/rewards programming and performance.
- Assess overall training and development needs of the organization and develop a strategy and execution plan as well as layout the mix of internal and external resources required for delivery.
15% – Compensation, Benefits, Payroll and Compliance/Labor Relations
- Gather relevant market data to benchmark employee compensation and benefits, making recommendations to ensure equity and competitiveness.
- Participate in decisions on total rewards programming and approach in support of the organizational culture and budget, including the mix of base and variable pay.
- Partner with financial operations teammates to ensure payroll and benefits programs are executed in line with the organization’s mission, goals, and operational guidelines.
- Develop and evolve all policies on an as-needed regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations, partnering with general counsel and employment counsel as needed.
- Ensure the appropriate level of documentation across all major functions both in support of the business as well as in line with external requirements.
Decision Making Responsibility
Collaborate with other senior leaders and managers to implement both broad and specific decisions that may have a wide influence on the organization’s culture and operations.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Normal office environment requirements, plus Work at Home opportunities as the current climate and global situation require. Limited (<10%) travel required.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 10+ years of relevant HR experience
- 4+ years acting as the HR functional lead for an organization or business unit
- Managerial experience in the areas of diversity and inclusion, supplier diversity, and/or workforce diversity strongly preferred
- Experience managing multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Experience providing complex problem resolution expertise
- Experience providing coaching to an internal or external client base
- Experience participating or leading change management projects across an organization
- Knowledge and experience applying state and federal employment regulations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficiency with Office Suites such as Google or Microsoft
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Stellar interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- MBA or Master’s in Human Resources Management
- 15+ years of relevant HR experience
- Preference for individuals with experience in a start-up, small business, or high growth environment
- PHR or SPHR Certification